[Ottawa_users] chameleon lab

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 18:02:50 EST 2007

Thanks to Shawn, Jeff, Liz, Christy, and Phil, I have a few things to
try.

Christy and Phil may drop by to help me try to look at this from the
GIS Day booth tomorrow.

The EPSG file is a good clue - later in the day some other students
couldn't create a location in GRASS because the EPSG file seems to
have disappeared (!).  Easy enough to fix, but strange.  Must have
been a buggy yum update or something.

In the meantime, I've found that even plain Mapserver is getting
hosed by SELinux, because it's preventing the .map files and
sometimes .dbf files from being accessed, so I'll save debugging
that / finding out how to get rid of SELinux until December some time
(probably Monday or Tuesday - would be great to take up Shawn's
offer), and I've moved the two groups that want to serve stuff over
the web to one of my own web servers.  On that machine I only have
relatively minor Chameleon errors, so I'll follow up on those
starting tomorrow.

Thanks, again!

Scott