[Ottawa_users] GeoNetwork

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 6 16:31:17 EDT 2008

I am by no means an expert on GeoNetwork but I've recently had the
opportunity to work with it and found it to be a solid product.

GeoNetwork is a metadata catalogue, ie. it will store and index
metadata, and typically not used to store the actual geo data.  It
supports a variety of metadata formats: FGDC, ISO19115/139, etc. You can
manually edit metadata records, import metadata records in XML format,
import metadata records from various sources (e.g. WMS/WFS
capabilities), from other instances of CSWs, etc. .  It supports
multiple users and groups (e.g. admins, editors, reviewers, etc.)

Mike