[Ottawa_users] Options to convert a plain TIF intotiled/pyramidTIF

Geng, Xiaoyuan Gengx at AGR.GC.CA
Thu Aug 28 15:31:46 EDT 2008

Hi Frank,

>From the link copied below there is a sample TIFF image and it works
fine for that server installed on my server. However I just have not had
luck to make a TIFF image like that. Moments ago I ran the TIFFCP to
produce a tile TIFF use my scanned Tiff image. The tiffcp worked fine.
The IIP image server can pick up the over view layer and then crashed
with log message below (Hope that Ruven, who is the originator of the
IIP image server, can join in this discussion):

TileManager :: Cache Miss for resolution: -2, tile: 17
TileManager :: Cache Size: 99 tiles, 0.2333 MB
TIFFSetDirectory failed
Total Request Time: 399 microseconds
image closed and deleted
Server count is 10744).

The IIP image server client has AJAX support and should be suitable for
the scanned map/image use case.

http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/images.shtml

Regards!

Xiaoyuan