[Ottawa_users] New Co-Chairs

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jul 8 09:40:36 EDT 2008

Hey Folks,

For those of you who have been around since the beginning of the local
Ottawa Chapter of OSGEO you'll remember that despite our informal
structure and activities we do have some positions to be filled.

Jeff and myself have been fulfilling the roles of co-chairs or
co-presidents for a while now and we both feel it is time for new blood
and new ideas to come to the local chapter.

Having two people fill this position is ideal as we all sometimes have
competing commitments.

So we would like to formally open up the opportunity to all the
newcomers and the regulars to step forward and volunteer to fill these
roles.

We will start with a volunteer/nomination process and then move to votes
after a couple of weeks.

What to do:
1. If you want to volunteer, contact Jeff or myself directly through
e-mail indicating you would like to fill one of the two positions.
2. If you know of a leader in our community that would fit nicely in
this position then please ask their permission to nominate them. Then
you can contact Jeff or myself via e-mail to contribute your nomination.
3. A couple of weeks from now we will compile the list of names and
throw it back at the community to vote on (private or public casts?
Maybe through the wiki?)
4. The two highest counts get the position.

If there are any suggestions as to the process, let us know. We can
modify them. As long as the process is democratic and transparent we can
play with the model.

Thanks.

Dave & Jeff