[Ottawa_users] Welcome new chairs

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Sep 15 09:42:43 EDT 2008

Dave Sampson and I would like to welcome the new co-chairs of the Ottawa
chapter: Scott Mitchell from Carleton University, and Philippe Vachon
from PCI.  They graciously volunteered to step into the roles at the
last meeting.  Thanks guys!

Also, at the upcoming FOSS4G event in Cape Town there is a slot for
OSGeo chapter reports at the AGM[1].  I am not sure who else will be
there from our group so I have put my name down to say a few words about
our progress as a group.  I need some help though in finding what to
say...below is a start at some points, so please fill in the gaps!  thanks.

- new co-chairs
- participated in OSBootCamp at Carleton University
    - 2 day event focusing on open source geospatial software
    - free registration
    - sponsors were: ?
    - total attendance numbers: ?
    - next planned spatial osbootcamp ?