[Ottawa_users] GeoCamp 2009

Geng, Xiaoyuan Gengx at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Sep 16 08:07:29 EDT 2008

To bring Open Source concept and solution into campuses is very
challenging given that some companies have provided their products
almost for free as part of their business model. I was teaching GIS
programming in Algonquin one time and tried to introduce students the
Mapserver and WPS solution. Some of the students were very happy to
learn about those. However the organization was quite negative towards
Open Source idea. Anyway, good luck on this!

Xiaoyuan

-----Original Message-----
From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Teresa
Baldwin
Sent: September 16, 2008 7:49 AM
To: Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
Subject: Re: [Ottawa_users] GeoCamp 2009

Dave,

I am interested in it, definitely. I would also be interested in tying
it in with my GIS program here. That's something I will have to discuss
with some of my teachers though. I may not be able to put a lot of work
into this, simply because of my school work, but I will be able to put
in some.

Cheers,

Teresa