[Ottawa_users] GeoCamp 2009

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Sep 16 15:26:36 EDT 2008

Maybe geocamp2009 can be held in two parts... The talks at Algonquin and
the lab portion somewhere else... maybe somewhere there is already a
FOSS4G lab setup... This might get peoples attention pretty quick... but
the logistical nightmare might be off too..

It sound like the live CD route would be our best bet...

Maybe even an install party for some FOss4G stuff...

Cheers

________________________________

	From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Geng,
Xiaoyuan
	Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 08:07
	To: Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
	Subject: RE: [Ottawa_users] GeoCamp 2009

	To bring Open Source concept and solution into campuses is very
challenging given that some companies have provided their products
almost for free as part of their business model. I was teaching GIS
programming in Algonquin one time and tried to introduce students the
Mapserver and WPS solution. Some of the students were very happy to
learn about those. However the organization was quite negative towards
Open Source idea. Anyway, good luck on this!

	Xiaoyuan