[Ottawa_users] Some of us are home safe

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 3 09:20:55 EST 2009

RE Drupal stuff: I'd be interested in a presentation... do you have any
of this on video yet?

Perhaps a november meeting?

Cheers

________________________________

From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Ross
Sent: October 30, 2009 18:48
To: Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
Subject: [Ottawa_users] Some of us are home safe

Hi Everyone,

I arrived home safe last night. I counted it up... spent 58 hours on
planes flying to, from, and around Australia. I don't know about the
others but I I'm thoroughly done with airport terminals and going though
security for a while.

As one of my Ingres colleagues in Australia said to me: "Is a third of
the conference from Ottawa?!" referring to the good representation of
the local folks in Sydney for FOSS4G.

Next meeting we can talk about the experiences of those that went.

Also, stay tuned for videos of the talks - FOSSLC was there and recorded
most of them. We had a few volunteers bail on us at the last moment so
some days we only recorded 3 or 4 of the 5 rooms. It's a pity as the
reason they bailed was that they wanted to catch talks in other rooms we
were recording... c'est la vie I suppose.

Also, in case we're looking for fodder, I could talk about Drupal & the
location + mapping plugins running on Ingres - this is a little project
we did recently and demoed in Sydney along with our other stuff. It's
kinda neat and makes mapping data very easy.

If you're interested, my pictures are up here:
http://bit.ly/3LcxAq

Safe journeys to those still down under. Best of luck to those fighting
jet lag. ;-)

--
Andrew