[Ottawa_users] looking for a meeting date

Scott Mitchell smitch at me.com
Wed Aug 18 12:35:40 EDT 2010

Hey, gang, hope you're enjoying the summer.

Since I last wrote about a possible meeting time in June (none was
found), Phil and I have had troubles finding times when we're both
available.  He's off traveling again now, but will be back at the end
of the month.  I'm hoping we can have a meeting either before or after
the FOSS4G conference.

One purpose for the meeting will be to encourage/plead/accept a
volunteer to take over my co-chairship of our group - as I've written
earlier, I'm feeling pretty stretched these days, and it's time to
pass the baton.  Phil has indicated interest in staying in the other
half of the role for now, but he could use some help.

Second, the FOSS4G conference is always an interesting topic.  If we
meet before the conference, if there's anyone who can come and talk
about what they'll be presenting/teaching/doing at the conference,
possibly but not necessarily showing a practice version of their talk/
tutorial, I know we'd all like to see/hear about it.  If we meet after
the conference, those of us who don't make it to Barcelona would love
to hear all about it from those that went.

I've put three possible dates into a Doodle poll: Aug 30, 31, and Sep
16.  This breaks from the Thursday tradition, but that will be
necessary given my other commitments if we meet before the
conference.  I wouldn't normally prioritize my own schedule so much,
but since one of my objectives is to get someone to take over my role,
I think it's important for me to be there, and preferably Phil, too.
If these dates don't work, we can find others.

Please visit http://www.doodle.com/27fs8ntxebbir9tr and register your
preferences/availability for those dates.  There's a commenting
facility there too, if you want to elaborate on your input.

Thanks,

Scott