[Ottawa_users] Volunteer project for Fair Vote Canada

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:44:00 EDT 2011

Hi,
I'm currently keeping track of the 'facebook likes' and twitter
follower daily numbers, and have the spreadsheet looking at the number
of votes per 308 ridings.
Now that i know their is interest, on monday i'll work on something.

It's a .kml file, which shows a point of interest for each riding.
I now know of a few others who might have a better GIS background, as
creating a cool map with bars showing # of spoilled ballets and
non-voters.

feel free to contact me next week, happy to make use of my efforts :)

cheers,
sam

On 4/29/11, Julien Lamarche <julien.lamarche at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
>  Julien Lamarche from Fair Vote Canada.  I've hung around a bit as
> OSGEO meetings and some of you know me.  I must apologize for my
> prolonged absence.
>
>  If any of you will be compiling election results, I'd love to have a
> map on "wasted" votes by poll (votes going to a non-winning candidate)
> in the Ottawa - Gatineau area.  Street lines and rivers would be nice
> just to situate the polls.
>
> Fair Vote Canada's mission is to reform the electoral system to a more
> proportional system so that more votes count and the legislature
> better represents canadians in their ethnic and gender diversity.  In
> the last federal election, 50.7% of all votes did not go to a winning
> candidate.   More info at fairvote.ca .  I am Vice-president of the
> Ottawa chapter of FVC.
>
> Since its a volunteer project for internal use mostly, you would be
> free to follow as little or as many requirements as you'd like.
> Number of ridings (1 to 10), symbology, one map or multiple maps per
> party, etc..  E-mail me for questions, and I'd be happy to discuss it
> over phone as well.
>
> Julien
> ----
> Sign the  ***Declaration of Voters Rights***: http://is.gd/i34Fb
> Signer la ***Déclaration des droits des électeurs***: http://is.gd/i34Fb

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn