[Ottawa_users] SFD & GIS-Day. Deadlines for abstracts

Fabien Ancelin fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:15:21 PDT 2013

@Christy *"Always aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the
stars.". *It doesn't hurt to try :).

I agree with you, GIS-Day is the top priority. If we have to ask people to
volunteer their time, energy and experience on only one event, it should be
GIS-Day. And the organization of this event seem to be pretty well engaged.

I still think SFD could be cool provided we have a good base of people
involved in it. I understand it requires an additional amount of time and
effort from the members of OSGeo Ottawa and in the end, it is our
motivation as a group that matters. If there isn't enough people
interested, then it is no longer really an event from the OSGeo Local
Chapter of Ottawa.

I will wait and see until tonight to have a clear view of the situation.
Javed has done a lot of work in terms of spreading the word, so we will see
if it leads somewhere.

Cheers