[Ottawa_users] Happy new year 2014
fabien.ancelin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 18:22:02 PST 2014
It has been a real pleasure to meet you every month (roughly) in this year
2013. I am looking forward to keeping this going on in 2014. We had a
couple of great events in 2013 and there will be more in 2014. Watch out
for the events we are aware of already :
- The state of the map,Open Street Map (April 2014), in Washington :
- FOSS4G 2014 (September 2014) : http://2014.foss4g.org/
- Vision Geomatique Gatineau (November 2014) :
http://www.osgeo.org/node/1416 and http://2014.visiongeomatique.com/.
This one is organized by OSGeo Quebec, just on the other side of the
Ottawa. I think it is really important to be involved with them.
For 2014, I hope we keep working together to socialize, share information
and have good times together. If you have any suggestions about what OSGeo
Ottawa should be, expectations that are not met, or things you are really
happy, don't be shy and let me know either on the mailing list or by mp.
On my side, I have always seen OSGeo Ottawa as a way for people to exchange
ideas, share information, help each other, and promote the awareness of
Open Source GIS. There are many GIS groups in Ottawa, and I think we
distinguish the information we share, rather than purely networking.
GeoOttawa, lauched by Richard is a really good idea in order to build a
sense of community in a more open-minded state of mind.
Finally, I want to thank you all because you have made this year worth
being involved with OSGeo Ottawa. A special thanks to :
- Javed, who has been really involved in those last months,
- Richard for GeoOttawa and his continuous good mood,
- Scott for GIS-Day
- Andrew for sharing so much great pieces of information and news,
- Regie for his involvement in GIS-Day and his presence all throught the
- Christie for being there when any question on OSGeo as an
organization, and dropping by for GIS-Day.
Happy new year. I wish you all the best for 2014.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ottawa_users