[Ottawa_users] OSGeo Presentation At GoGeomatics Event May 30

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Sun May 11 06:56:45 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

quick fyi.

Jonathan Murphy from GoGeomatics reached out to us looking for someone to
give a 20min talk about an OSGeo related topic at the GoGeomatics meetup on
May 30. I've volunteered as it's a great oppertunity for us that we can't
pass up.

Hope to see some of you out!

Talk synposis below. If you have any points/suggestions please reply to the
thread:)

Synopsis:

The talk will focus and expand on the OSGeo's initiative of "Geo for all"
[1]. We'll briefly cover what the OSGeo is, what it does and why it's
important today. OSGeo's "Geo for all", this is an educational initiative to
promote spatial education through Open Source spatial software to all.

[1] http://www.geoforall.org