[owslibjs] personal introction

Daniel Nüst d.nuest at 52north.org
Tue Jul 29 05:36:27 PDT 2014

Hi all!

(If you've missed Jachym's introduction, it is in the archives [0].)

I've been working in a few small projects where we needed a JavaScript
WPS client [1], as well as supporting the development of the SOS client
SOS.js [2] within the 52°North Sensor Web community. I gave a
presentation about both of these projects (which heavily rely on
OpenLayers) at FOSS4G-E [3], where I asked bold questions at the end
which resulted in this new list at OSGeo - something that I am very
happy about!

I think a coordinated effort for a JavaScript library supporting many
OGC standards would benefit many developers and in fact is overdue.
There are considerable efforts done in this area (WMS, WFS, OpenLayers,
...) but to facilitate the same for the less widespread standards we
need a different model.

I look forward to contribute to this endeavour especially in the realm
of the aforementioned standards.

Best regards,
Daniel

[0] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/owslibjs/2014-July.txt
[1] https://github.com/52North/wps-js
[2] https://github.com/52North/sos-js
[3]
http://www.slideshare.net/nuest/javascript-client-libraries-for-the-former-long-tail-of-ogc-standards

--
Daniel Nüst
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: d.nuest at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-36
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849