[ows.js] Documentation framework

Daniel Nüst d.nuest at 52north.org
Mon Mar 16 03:18:21 PDT 2015

Hi guys!

I started working on a contribute.md (see [1]) and was wondering what
your opinions are on a suitable documentation framework. At this point I
don't see myself contributing large amounts of code but I could help
with documentation etc.

So my question is how we will create documentation, particularly user
documentation and examples.

I like readthedocs [2] (uses Sphinx and would do the hosting for us),
but the more experienced JS devs might have a better understanding what
works well. Maybe this lists/blog posts [3] gives us a starting points
for discussion.

Will we use inline documentation and/or different systems (inline for
API doc, GitHub wiki for examples)?

Please share your experiences!
IMHO we should pick something that the current developers are
comfortable with.

Somehow related: How about a landing page for the project base on
GitHub-pages?

Best regards,
Daniel

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/ows.js/issues/2
[2] https://readthedocs.org/
[3]
http://www.lsauer.com/2013/05/javascript-documentation-generator.html
and http://dailyjs.com/2011/01/13/framework-part-46/ and
http://blog.fusioncharts.com/2013/12/jsdoc-vs-yuidoc-vs-doxx-vs-docco-choosing-a-javascript-documentation-generator/

--
Daniel Nüst
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: d.nuest at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-36
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849