[ows.js] API design

Christian Mayer chris at meggsimum.de
Mon Mar 16 09:45:43 PDT 2015

Hi all,

regarding to the suggestion "simply copy the owslib API": At the FOSSGIS
user meeting it has been discussed that it would definitely be worth
having a look at the OWSLib API in order to check if this might be a
good starting point. We should not port obviuos "mistakes" but since
OWSLib is very well know and adopted I am sure this might be a good
compromise to start with.
I think having a coherent API would give another push to the
ows.js-developers. Thanks to Alexey we have the compiled schemas and so
the API-frame could be filled with code.

Another thing which became clear at the user meeting at FOSSGIS last
week ist that there is a need for making ows.js compatible to serverside
JavaScript platforms (Node.js, io.js, ...). This is surely not the main
issue at the moment but I wanted to mention it for completeness.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Christian Mayer, Dipl.-Ing.(FH)