[owslib-devel] moving towards next release

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:04:07 PDT 2012

All: in thinking about the next release of OWSLib, I think it's time that the next release is cut as 1.0.0 per https://twitter.com/howardbutler/status/213624529031925760.  A number of items would be included, including (but not limited to):

- github migration: move the SCM from svn to github.  This would include porting tickets from svn trac to github issues
- migrate mailing list and web presence to OSGeo infrastructure: this can set us up (in the long term) as an OSGeo Labs project (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs), as well as wein us off the sf.net infrastructure
- WFS 2.0.0 support/improvements (Jachym)
- Kyle's improvements (SOS, SensorML, tests, etc.) at https://owslib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/owslib/branches/kyle-github/ .  I'm starting to wonder whether moving to github *before* Kyle patches svn would alleviate some of the pain of integrating this great work

Nice to have:
- WMS 1.3.0 support
- increased harmonization of interfaces

Comments/ideas?  Other items?