[owslib-devel] moving towards next release

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:46:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

I generally thing owslib 1.0.0 means something like "all used OGC
standards are supported". This implies to me e.g. wms 1.3.0 as "must
have" feature. WFS 2.0 will be hard work...

Even I agree, we should focus on the 1.0.0 release, I think, at least
one or two 0.X release will be needed - we shall not focus at the "when
everything is done" milestone and ..... never finish it (problem of
PyWPS nowadays). So, let's continue in current way: once some standard
or it's version is implemented, we can put another minor version out.
When everything is there, there is time to call it "1.0" version.

GIT: Since we not have clearly defined release, I would support to cut
it now and move to github and then, Kyles fork can be merged back easy.

Just my 0.02

Jachym

Dne 15.6.2012 19:04, Tom Kralidis napsal(a):

> All: in thinking about the next release of OWSLib, I think it's time
> that the next release is cut as 1.0.0 per
> https://twitter.com/howardbutler/status/213624529031925760.  A number
> of items would be included, including (but not limited to):
>
> - github migration: move the SCM from svn to github.  This would
> include porting tickets from svn trac to github issues - migrate
> mailing list and web presence to OSGeo infrastructure: this can set
> us up (in the long term) as an OSGeo Labs project
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Labs), as well as wein us off the
> sf.net infrastructure - WFS 2.0.0 support/improvements (Jachym) -
> Kyle's improvements (SOS, SensorML, tests, etc.) at
> https://owslib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/owslib/branches/kyle-github/
> .  I'm starting to wonder whether moving to github *before* Kyle
> patches svn would alleviate some of the pain of integrating this
> great work
>
> Nice to have: - WMS 1.3.0 support - increased harmonization of
> interfaces
>
> Comments/ideas?  Other items?
>
> ..Tom

Live Security Virtual Conference