[OWSLib-users] [OWSLib-devel] Problems with SOS responseFormat=text/xml; subtype="om/1.0.0"

Ondřej Pešek pesej.ondrek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 23:14:08 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I'm Ondrej Pesek, student envolved this year in Google Summer of Code. My
project is development of GRASS GIS tools to work with SOS. Intended
modules should enable the user to create a vector or raster layer from the
observation values. I'm using OWSLib to contact server and to get data from
the server.

This week I have also solved one issue with username and password [1] and
next week I would like to solve (besides other things) this issue in OWSLib
[2]. In case you have other SOS related issues, please let me know and I
would like to try to solve it.

That was about me. Now about my problem:
Because not every server provides data in JSON format, I have to work also
with other responseFormats. But I'm not able to get observations with
responseFormat=text/xml;subtype="om/1.0.0". It doesn't give me values and
when I try to parse it like here with etree [3], I get just empty list or
object that I'm not able to read (or I don't know how). Is it normal
behaviour, is it bug, or I just don't understand how to get observations?

Thanks,
Ondrej Pesek

[1] https://github.com/geopython/OWSLib/issues/347
[2] https://github.com/geopython/OWSLib/issues/248