[pdal] first build notes: boost namespace, missing include, laszip include guards

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Tue Aug 9 12:14:51 EDT 2011

My two cents-

* Yes, I build with VS2010 all the time, against boost 1.46.1.  What
compiler are you using?

* I added a pdal.h some time ago, with the intent that it be used to hold
all the #includes of "core" stuff -- in theory, all the pdal .h files should
first include pdal.h.  So adding cstdint.h in there might be the best way to
go.  Maybe pdal_exceptions.h too.

* If you look at pdal_defines.h, you'll see a block labeled "availability of
3rd-party libraries": in theory, we should be able to build any combo of
those #defines.  LASZIP and GDAL and ORACLE are the main ones, though.
Someday we'll have a buildbot to harden this stuff.

Welcome to the club!

-mpg