[pdal] PDAL compilation (MSVC9)

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Nov 28 12:34:38 EST 2011

OK, so if you just want to load (all) the points into memory, you can do two things:

- create a PointBuffer equal in size to the number of points in the file, and then just do one read() into it

- create your own storage system; then, read in the points one chunk at a time, and copy the points from the chunk-sized PointBuffer into your own storage area

Is that what you're looking for?

Some lidar files are VERY large, and it might not be practical to keep all the points in RAM.  In this case, you'd want to use some sort of thinning or decimating filter in the chain, so as to intelligently lessen the number of points you're managing and displaying.

_mpg