[pdal] Loading several LAS files

Oscar Martinez Rubi O.MartinezRubi at tudelft.nl
Wed Oct 30 01:12:54 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to load several LAS files into Postgres PointCloud using the PDAL pcpipeline.

First I add the format in the table pointcloud_formats, basically I only have X, Y and Z, and the pcid is 1

Then I create a table:

CREATE TABLE patches (
    id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
    pa PCPATCH(1)
);

And then I run a pcpipeline for each LAS file with the following XML (changing [input File] in each case)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Pipeline version="1.0">
        <Writer type="drivers.pgpointcloud.writer">
            <Option name="connection">host='localhost' dbname='testload' </Option>
            <Option name="table">patches</Option>
            <Option name="srid">7415</Option>
            <Filter type="filters.chipper">
                <Option name="capacity">400</Option>
                <Filter type="filters.cache">
                    <Option name="max_cache_blocks">1</Option>
                    <Reader type="drivers.las.reader">
                        <Option name="filename">[inputFile]</Option>
                        <Option name="spatialreference">EPSG:7415</Option>
                    </Reader>
                </Filter>
            </Filter>
        </Writer>
    </Pipeline>

I realized that each pcpipeline execution overwrites the patches table, so in the end it is like I only loaded the last LAS file. I have tried to use the option overwrite=false but it seems to be ignored. Also when I try to use a table name different than "patches" it is also ignored. And I also realized that pcpipiline also adds a format in the table pointcloud_formats and use this when overwriting the patches table. Also using the option pcid in the XML is ignored.

Is anybody else having issues when trying to load several LAS files?

Thank you

Oscar