[pdal] PDAL driver/plugin search path

Brutovski, Robert - Exelis Robert.Brutovski at exelisinc.com
Fri Dec 12 05:46:25 PST 2014

I seem to be having some trouble getting PDAL to recognize a new writer that I am creating as a plugin. I found that if I changed StageFactory::loadPlugins so that the "pluginDir" was equal to ".:./bin" so that it would search in the same directory as the pdal.exe executable, then it would work. I suppose that what I should have done was to set an environment variable named "PDAL_DRIVER_PATH" to ".:./bin" instead. Is that correct? If so, any thoughts on the best way to distribute the pdal.exe file to another user working on Windows? Is it expected that the other user would need to set that environment variable, as well as install all the supporting PDAL libraries (boost, all the OSGeo4W64 libraries, etc.)?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.