[pdal] compilation with PCL support on Linux

Bradley Chambers brad.chambers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:47:08 PST 2014

Luca,

So I thought that PCL is supported.... do I need something more?

PCL support is technically built as a PDAL plugin. PDAL loads plugins at
runtime by searching PDAL_DRIVER_PATH. If you've installed PDAL, this may
be /usr/local/lib for example. Even so, on linux, it should have defaulted
to /usr/local/lib or the lib directory in your build folder.

Have you built PDAL previously? If so, you may have been used to enabling
PCL via the WITH_PCL switch in CMake. This has recently been relabeled as
BUILD_PLUGIN_PCL. Is BUILD_PLUGIN_PCL=ON? Can you confirm that
libpdal_plugin_kernel_pcl.so is being built?

Brad