[pdal] problem with PDAL install from github, PDAL: LASzip is not enabled. Can't read LAZ data

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:04:23 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Marcos Nino-Ruiz <mninoruiz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm developer trying to get a grasp of lidar data, and you library is of
> great help, thanks! Hopefully soon I will be able to contribute some...
> But so far I have had the following issue after installation:
>
> Using the binary from osgeo4w, I have no problem reading (pdal info) a
> .laz file, however, after following the lengthy compilation with
> dependencies (successfully)
>
> marcos at kubuntu14-10:~/ pdal --version
> ------------------------------
> pdal (PDAL 1.0.0.b1 (f52b08) with GeoTIFF 1.4.0 GDAL 1.10.1)
>
> marcos at kubuntu14-10:$ pdal info splits/L01_classed_1.laz
> PDAL: LASzip is not enabled.  Can't read LAZ data.
>
> But I know the file is correct and lazlib is in the path because lasinfo
> works:
>
> marcos at kubuntu14-10:~/ lasinfo splits/L01_classed_1.laz
> lasinfo for splits/L01_classed_1.laz
> reporting all LAS header entries:

Please check your CMakeCache.txt to make sure you have:
WITH_LASZIP:BOOL=ON

If so, confirm also that you have lines in the same file similar to:
//Path to a file.
LASZIP_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/local/include

//Path to a library.
LASZIP_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/lib/liblaszip.dylib

If you re-run cmake, it should also report whether LASZIP was enabled and
found:

-- The following RECOMMENDED packages have been found:

 * LASzip
   Provides LASzip compression

Hope this helps,

--