[pdal] problem with PDAL install from github, PDAL: LASzip is not enabled. Can't read LAZ data

Marcos Nino-Ruiz mninoruiz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 01:27:40 PDT 2015

thank you very muchAndrew, I checked and  LASZIP_INLCUDE_DIR was not found.

The problem was that the include path for laszip.hpp in cmake assumes I got
the original repo:
https://github.com/LASzip/LASzip.git
so that it can find under : LASzip/include

I was using the whole:
https://github.com/LAStools/LAStools

which also has the laszip.hpp, but not in the path that is required by PDAL
(laszip/laszip.hpp as opposed to src/laszip.hpp)

 I pull that repo, re run cmake with the new include dir and is working
wonders, thanks!

Marcos Nino-Ruiz, PhD.
Geospatial e-Enabler
AURIN - The University of Melbourne