[pdal] PDAL 1.3.0RC1 Released

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 27 06:32:30 PDT 2016

On 08/27/16 15:24, Howard Butler wrote:

>> On Aug 27, 2016, at 4:01 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On 08/27/16 06:09, Howard Butler wrote:
>>> It is my pleasure to announce the release of PDAL 1.3.0RC1. After hearing from packagers and any other testers, we will promote it to final sometime next week if there are no significant issues found.
>>
>> If I can make a request, please remove the version from the vendor subdirectories.
>
> Would it be sufficient to do that for the 1.4 release, or would you like it to happen to 1.3?

Yes, that would suffice. I've already finished the review for 1.3 which
took a considerable amount of time because of this issue, renaming now
just adds to the burden in a short a amount of time.

> Also, did PDAL pass Debian's package testing scenarios? Can you post the link?

The testsuite passed for my build, but because of the SONAME bump the
upload to experimental will need to pass the NEW queue before being
accepted into the archive. Once there the other QA tests like piuparts
will pick it up.

The package tracker is the best place to find the relevant links for the
package in Debian:

  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pdal

packages.debian.org is more user oriented.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1