[pdal] PDAL and PCL

Es Kay fransinn at msn.com
Tue Aug 8 06:48:21 PDT 2017

Thanks Andrew!

Indeed, createStage() returns a NULL-pointer.

The output of pdal --debug is:

(PDAL Debug) Loading plugins from directory .
(PDAL Debug) Loading plugins from directory C:/Scratch/Libraries/pdal/lib
   - kernels.delta
   - kernels.diff
   - kernels.ground
   - kernels.hausdorff
   - kernels.info
   - kernels.merge
   - kernels.pipeline
   - kernels.random
   - kernels.sort
   - kernels.split
   - kernels.tindex
   - kernels.translate

and the listed directory contains following lib-files:

libpdal_plugin_filter_greedyprojection.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_gridprojection.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_hexbin.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_icp.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_movingleastsquares.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_pclblock.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_poisson.lib
libpdal_plugin_filter_voxelgrid.lib
libpdal_plugin_kernel_density.lib
libpdal_plugin_kernel_pcl.lib
libpdal_plugin_kernel_smooth.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_greyhound.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_nitf.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_oci.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_pcd.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_pgpointcloud.lib
libpdal_plugin_reader_sqlite.lib
libpdal_plugin_writer_nitf.lib
libpdal_plugin_writer_oci.lib
libpdal_plugin_writer_pcd.lib
libpdal_plugin_writer_pgpointcloud.lib
libpdal_plugin_writer_sqlite.lib
pdal_arbiter.lib
pdal_boost.lib
pdal_jsoncpp.lib
pdal_util.lib
pdalcpp.lib

So to me, it seems okay so far, right? Interestingly, pdal --drivers is missing some others as well, e.g. *.oci, *.pgpointcloud, *.poisson etc. However, it is listed when I navigate to the pdal bin folder.