[pdal] PDAL Python3 issues

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 23 10:00:21 PST 2017

On 01/23/2017 06:31 PM, Jean-Francois Prieur wrote:
> Yes, there is a python3-pdal package on stretch(testing). I believe stretch
> is due for release in the next few weeks.

The full freeze in preparation of the stretch release is in a few weeks
(February 5th, geospatial devroom day @ FOSDEM), see:

 https://release.debian.org/#release-dates

Because of the ongoing transition to OpenSSL 1.1.0 amongst others, it
will take some time until the actual release. My expectation is Q3 2017,
but it may very well be later or earlier.

Because of the current soft freeze with 10-day migration delays, changes
for inclusion in stretch need to be uploaded before this Thursday.

So if I need to drop the python3-pdal package, I need to make that
change ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--