[pdal] [writers.gdal] How to specify the output data type as Float32?

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 07:51:41 PDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:04 AM, GUIMMARA, Sébastien (External) <
sebastien.guimmara.external at airbus.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have successfully converted a point cloud to a GTiff raster using pdal
> pipeline and I noticed that PDAL creates rasters of Float64 data type.
> Unfortunately, the next step in our data processing only accepts 32-bit
> data types. Is there a way to specify this data type in the pipeline using
> the gdalopts parameter ?

No.  This is an open issue that I hope to fix soon.

Moreover, the exact syntax of the gdalopts parameter is unclear. Is it a
> single string encapsulating all options ? e.g:
>
> "gdalopts":"KEY0=VALUE0,KEY1=VALUE1,..."

It *should* work, but apparently there's a bug.  The arguments aren't
passed along.  I'll fix shortly.

Hope that helps.

--
Andrew Bell