[pdal] sql query pgpointcloud

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu May 18 15:12:50 PDT 2017

> On May 18, 2017, at 9:42 AM, Florent Poux <fpoux at ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I am struggling with a sql query within pg.pointcloud writer that you may have a solution for.
>
> is there a way to store the pre sql query as a variable that will be used for the post sql query ?
>
> specifically, i want to store as pre sql the count or max from a table, and pass this parameter to condition a query in the post sql, is that possible ?
>
> Thank you !

Florent,

There's no *PDAL* way to do this, but could you stash your variable in some kind of temporary (are there bound-to-session variables?, maybe another table) for use by the post sql?

This reminds me I've wanted to make the PointView metadata available to DB writers' post_sql methods as a variable. Very similar to what we did for the writers.las https://www.pdal.io/tutorial/las.html#metadata-example I could see how this might be useful to downstream consumers.