[pdal] vcpkg or conan (was: PDAL Windows debug configuration)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri May 18 01:42:32 PDT 2018

On 7 May 2018 at 22:34, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 26 April 2018 at 22:16, Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>> Mat,
>>
>> Thanks for the detailed feedback. It looks like vcpkg has the edge in
>> relation to PDAL's sphere at the moment.
>
> Howard,
>
> I've submitted first version of PDAL package to vcpkg
>
> https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg/pull/3452
>
> Although it is a minimal setup, a proof of concept, it is pretty much usable.
> Next step is to wait and address any review comments.

FYI, PDAL 1.7.1 package has been accepted.

Anyone interested, please have a go, try it out and report any problems
(eg. as issue at https://github.com/Microsoft/vcpkg).
I will try to address them to polish the package.

Next, I am going to update to the port to PDAL 1.7.2 as well as
add missing dependencies to enable as many I/O formats as possible.

Best regards,