[pdal] read scalar field as intensity in reader.ply

Schneider, Dominik dominik.schneider at wsu.edu
Fri Oct 5 09:40:57 PDT 2018

is it possible to read a custom scalar field into the intensity dimension?

in my case, the output from our scanner includes a "gray" scalar value (binary .ply format) that is actually intensity. i would like to map it into the intensity dimension for processing.

see this discussion surrounding lastools :

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lastools/zrpVZXtzhug/7-ZZKqIHAgAJ

Thanks!
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lastools/zrpVZXtzhug/7-ZZKqIHAgAJ>

Google Groups<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lastools/zrpVZXtzhug/7-ZZKqIHAgAJ>
groups.google.com
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.