[pdal] PLY Writer

vollmer at scanvision.ch vollmer at scanvision.ch
Mon Feb 25 03:33:20 PST 2019

Hello,

I’m quite new to pdal and coding. My questions are about the writer.ply. I want to translate from .laz files to .ply files.

1) It works on my PC when using „little endian“ (default is faulty), but on my Mac the colors turn black. (low priority question)

2) I want to use the files in unity, together with PCX which can read .ply files. When using the files coming from pdal an error occurs: unsupported property type = 'float64 x‘. When I open the file in CloudCompare and save it again as ply it works fine.
I guess the pdal writer uses a property type that is not readable from the PCX. So is there a way to change the property type of the values? (f.ex. to uint8) To open every file in CloudCompare and save them again is not an option, I’m translating thousands of files.

Thanks a lot and with best regards,
Mat