[pdal] tweaking parameters in filters.smrf

Karl North karln at surdex.com
Wed Jun 12 07:36:37 PDT 2019

Brad:

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve done some reading and begun playing around with the cluster filter.  One problem is that I’m new enough to PDAL that I cannot find a way to add/define a dimension and store the cluster ID into either LAS or LAZ format on output.  I think it should be possible to just hijack an existing field in the point data records for current testing purposes.  Does this sound possible?  I’m floundering a bit trying to find an example of something similar.  Can you point me in the right direction?

I can get a BPF output, but currently have no way to review the result.  I’m now downloading 64-bit QT Reader, after finding a thread by HoBu saying that this viewer would work for a quick review.

I’ve also tried using pdal translate to convert the BPF to LAS, but cannot find any trace of the ClusterID in the resulting LAS file.

Thanks for any and all assistance,

Karl