[pdal] pcl filtering

Steven Spiegel steven.spiegel at slu.edu
Tue Jun 25 10:14:08 PDT 2019

Good afternoon,

I just had a quick question on filtering with point cloud library.  In particular, I am currently working on tree segmentation in LiDAR data.  I've converted the data into a raster and conducted more traditional image segmentation methods (particularly watershed segmentation) however I would like to use more 3d segmentation algorithms.  Can I use any of the PCL algorithms with PDAL or is it only the ones listed in the documentation?  In particular, I wanted to use the cylindrical RANSAC (http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/cylinder_segmentation.php) to segment the tree trunk and branches.  Thank you!

Steven