[pdal] filtering duplicate points

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:16:57 PDT 2019

Andrew,

A look at the cloud compare code suggests it works very differently from
PDAL filters.sample and depends on the way that points are distributed in
an octree.  Rather than checking actual distance, CC tries to remove points
in octree cells, that may be closer than the specified distance, depending
on the octree organization.  You might try setting the distance smaller in
PDAL to see if you get results more to your liking.  (This is based on a
very cursory look at the CC code, so take it with a grain of salt.)

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com