[pdal] Extract terrain from TLS point cloud

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at gmail.com
Sat May 25 13:16:54 PDT 2019

Dear Luigi,
finally I could start to work again on the DTM extraction and I was trying
to apply the same commands as in your slides.
Unfortunately I am not so smart to understand how to do this kind of
assignment in a PDAL pipeline:

- normalZ [0:0.6] : Classification ->1
- normalZ ! [0:0.6] : Classification ->2
- merge soil / no soil

I tried using the filter.assign but it seems that I can not assign values
of a field while filtering on an other field.
And also I can not understand what you mean with merge soil/no soil...

The pipeline I did is like this:

{
    "pipeline": [
{
            "type": "readers.las",
            "filename":"aaa.las"
        },
{
            "type":"filters.range",
            "limits":"Classification[2:2]"
        },
{
            "type":"filters.normal",
            "knn": 30
    },
{
            "type":"filters.assign",
            "assignment" : "normalZ[0:6]=Classification[2]",
            "assignment" : "normalZ[0:6]!=Classification[1]"
    },
        {
            "type": "writers.las",
            "filename":"bbb.las"
        }
    ]
}

Could you please address me to the right commands to use to finalize the
pipeline?

Thank you for the big help!

Best regards

Silvia