[pdal] PDAL 2.0.1 build issue

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:56:16 PDT 2019

2.0.1 builds fine, generally speaking, on 16.04, so there's something
special about your configuration.  You'd need to run the build command
(make, ninja, whatever) with enough detail so that we can look at the
output of the compilation.

Do you, perhaps, have a version of google test on your system that's
getting found instead of the one packaged with PDAL?  If you're using
gcc/clang, you can add "-MM" to the build options to get the header file
listing.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 1:03 PM Jim Klassen <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having build failures with PDAL on various Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian 9
> machines that seems to have started sometime between 1.9 and 2.0.1.  It is
> looking for '/src/libgtest.so' (note the leading slash) which doesn't exist
> (there is no /src directory on my systems).  PDAL builds fine if I disable
> building tests.  I suspect something in cmake land is not right, but I am
> not sure where to look.  The '/src/libgtest.so' appears in many of the
> generated makefiles, but I don't see it set in CMakeCache.txt or see where
> it is calculated.
>
> [ 41%] Linking CXX shared library /src/libgtest.so
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /src/libgtest.so: No such file or
> directory
> vendor/gtest/CMakeFiles/gtest.dir/build.make:94: recipe for target
> '/src/libgtest.so' failed
> make[2]: *** [/src/libgtest.so] Error 1
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1320: recipe for target
> 'vendor/gtest/CMakeFiles/gtest.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [vendor/gtest/CMakeFiles/gtest.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com