[pdal] PDAL 2.0.1 build issue

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 10:26:14 PDT 2019

I found the difference.

The way to reproduce it is to call cmake with "-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DWITH_TESTS=ON".  Without BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, gtest only builds a '.a' file under the lib directory in the build directory which is fine.  With BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON, gtest also tries to build a .so in /src which fails due to permissions.

As PDAL builds shared libs by default anyway, the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS option isn't necessary and can just be dropped from my build script.

Thanks for the help and encouragement to sort this out.

Jim