[pdal] Upsample

alison.cramer3 alisoncramer at nevada.unr.edu
Fri Aug 14 13:11:54 PDT 2020

I have a point cloud of an abandoned mine land with a waste rock pile.  The
waste rock pile has rills (soil removed by erosion) caused by large rainfall
events.  This causes differences in elevation (z values) within 1 square
meter.  I would like to perform a moving window of 1m along the waste rock
pile.  This would hopefully give me "cells" of 1m by 1m.  My goal is to find
the maximum z value in every 1m cell.  Once I find the max z value in each
1m cell, I would like to replace the current z values with the specific
maximum z value calculated for each cell.  Then export to a new point cloud.
Does anyone have an idea as to how I would go about this in pdal?

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/PDAL-f4600080.html