[pdal] QGIS point cloud crowdfunding

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Aug 24 06:15:33 PDT 2020

All,

Hobu is teaming up with Lutra Consulting and North Road to crowdfund the implementation of more thorough point cloud visualization support in QGIS based on PDAL. If your organization uses QGIS and you've missed the convenience of being able to visualize, interrogate, and exploit point cloud data in your environment, this is your opportunity to help improve the situation.

As you can imagine, the effort required to implement this support is significant, and the crowdfunding campaign will be as well. If your organization is interested in providing substantial support to help, please visit https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk//crowdfunding/pointcloud-qgis/ <https://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk//crowdfunding/pointcloud-qgis/> and pledge to the campaign. Alternatively, please email me directly, and I will be happy to route you through the process. Similar to the gdalbarn.com <http://gdalbarn.com/> effort, billing and payment will be handled by a single entity – in this case Lutra – and work will not begin until pledges have crossed the threshold.