[pdal] entwine dlls to distribute in windows desktop application

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Wed Dec 2 07:30:56 PST 2020

> On Dec 2, 2020, at 2:20 AM, 3D TARGET-Simone Rapposelli <rapposelli at 3dtarget.it> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we would like to integrate entwine.exe in our Windows desktop application to launch it in batch mode, but we have seen that it has dependencies with hundreds of dlls. Do you know if and in case which are the essential dlls to use?
> Kind regards,
>
> Simone Rapposelli

Simone,

You will have to work through these issues yourself and build a custom build to limit the DLL footprint of the Entwine/PDAL combo. Presumably you are using the conda packages which do indeed link many things to provide the widest capability.

Do note that the Entwine licensing is LGPL. You will need to maintain dynamic linking of Entwine to not trigger any consequences of the LGPL in your commercial product. There is no static linking exception for Entwine. Contact me privately for commercial options on this topic.

Hope this helps,