[pdal] pdal pipeline - defining filesource_id header while using "forward": "all"

Rose Phillips RPhillips at linz.govt.nz
Sun Jan 5 15:09:30 PST 2020

Hi guys,
I have a collection of LAS files in a directory, from the same project with a mixture of filesource_ids and minor_version, which I want to clean up with one value for each header respectively.
I used pdal pipeline to modify these headers and used the following json notation;
{
  "pipeline" : [
   {
        "type" : "readers.las",
        "filename" : "input.laz"
   },

    {
        "type" : "writers.las",
        "minor_version" : 3,
        "filesource_id" : 0,
        "a_srs" : "EPSG:2193+7839",
        "forward": "all",
        "filename" : "output.laz"
    }
  ]
}

The following error was raised -: PDAL: writers.las: Unexpected argument 'filesource_id' . This was for a file which already had the default value (0) for that header.
I was able to solve this issue by  removing the code <<"filesource_id":0>> from json notation and was still able to change the "minor_version", even though it is written the same way as the "filesource_id" header?
I'm wondering am I missing something or is this a bug?
I tried the following methology and got the same error -: PDAL: writers.las: Unexpected argument 'filesource_id'
{
  "pipeline" : [
   {
        "type" : "readers.las",
        "filename" : "input.laz"
   },

    {
        "type" : "writers.las",
        "minor_version" : 3,
        "filesource_id" : 0,
        "a_srs" : "EPSG:2193+7839",
        "forward": "major_version, global_encoding, project_id, system_id, software_id, creation_doy, creation_year, scale, offset",
        "filename" : "output.laz"
    }
  ]
}

I understand that I could fix this issue by sorting my point cloud files by these headers then processing them in these 'batches' but I'm trying to avoid that extra step as I'm planning to process hundreds of thousands of files.
Many thanks,
Rose Phillips

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.