[pdal] Encountering error - PDAL: filters.crop: Unable to reproject bounds.

Abhineet Gupta abhineet at oneconcern.com
Tue Jun 2 11:54:53 PDT 2020

Hello

I am trying to read in a laz file, crop the input if it is outside certain
bounds, and write it to a postgres db. The reading and writing parts are
working fine, however when using filters.crop, I get the error -
PDAL: filters.crop: Unable to reproject bounds.

I am using standard SRS, input is in EPSG:26910, and I am using EPSG:4326
for specifying the crop bounds. I think one solution will be to reproject
the bound coordinates to EPSG:23910 outside PDAL, and specify crop bounds
in the same SRS as the input, however, I would prefer to input the bounds
as lat-long coordinates, if possible.

I have copied my pipeline file below for reference.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions about how to fix this
error.

Thanks
Abhineet

######### pipeline.json #########
{
  "pipeline":[
    {
      "type":"readers.las",
      "filename":"laz/ARRA-CA_GoldenGate_2010_001019.laz",
      "spatialreference":"EPSG:26910"
    },
    {
      "type":"filters.chipper",
      "capacity":600
    },
    {
      "type":"filters.crop",
      "bounds":"([-122.530, -122.347], [37.695, 37.816])",
      "a_srs":"EPSG:4326"
    },
    {
      "type":"writers.pgpointcloud",
      "connection":"host='postgres-pdal' dbname='devpt' user='postgres'
password='devpt_temp' port='5432'",
      "table":"temp",
      "compression":"dimensional",
      "srid":"26910"