[pdal] LAS Class Flags

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:48:40 PST 2020

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 12:41 PM chris.lee <csl170000 at utdallas.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to filter out all points marked in my las files as Synthetic,
> is
> there a way to do that using PDAL or python-pdal? Looking through the code
> can't find the class flag being saved anywhere.

There isn't any way to do this directly, but you might be able to make it
work if you don't use/care about the "keypoint" and "withheld" flags. Since
the bit value of "synthetic"bit  is 32, you can exclude values greater than
or equal to 32 and eliminate synthetic points, but you'll also lose any
points marked "keypoint" or "withheld".

{
  "type": "filters.range",
  "limits": "Classification[:31]"