[pdal] Generic read/write based on file suffix?

Peder Axensten Peder.Axensten at slu.se
Tue Oct 13 05:23:26 PDT 2020

Hi!

Is there a way to write pipes without specifying the reader/writer?
That is, can I write mypipe.json in such a way so that something like the following would work?
pdal pipeline mypipe.json —input=in/file.laz --output=out/file.laz
The idea is that the suffix .laz of in/file.laz would determine the reader to be readers.las. And similar with the output. That way
pdal pipeline mypipe.json —input=in/file.pcd --output=out/file.text
would work without modifying mypipe.json.

I see that all readers and writers specify the file suffices that they handle, so the information needed to automatically determine the reader/writer seems to be there.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards,

Peder Axensten
Research engineer

Remote Sensing
Department of Forest Resource Management
SE-901 83 Umeå
Visiting address: Skogsmarksgränd
Phone: +46 90 786 85 00
peder.axensten at slu.se, www.slu.se/srh

The Department of Forest Resource Management is environmentally certified in accordance with ISO 14001.

---
När du skickar e-post till SLU så innebär detta att SLU behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur detta går till, klicka här <https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>
E-mailing SLU will result in SLU processing your personal data. For more information on how this is done, click here <https://www.slu.se/en/about-slu/contact-slu/personal-data/>