[pdal] Crop SRS not working as expected

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:54:52 PDT 2021

This is complicated. I could be wrong here, but what I think would be
happening is that after you crop, you have a rhombus in your original CRS.
Then when you run the GDAL writer, it makes a *rectangular* tiff (because
that's what it does, even if you're missing data in some places. Then when
you transform that rectangle in your CRS to 4326, you're back to something
non-rectangular.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I would think the easiest thing to do
would be to transform your points to 4326 right after you read them since
that's your ultimate goal, I think.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com