[pdal] Generation of tiff file stops half-way

Peter Lim peter.lim at gpslands.com
Tue Jan 5 17:25:38 PST 2021

Hi,

When I use Pdal to generate a tiff file from a laz file using the following
Json:

[

    {

        "type":"readers.las",

        "filename":"somefile.laz"

    },

                                {

                                                "type":"writers.gdal",

                                                "resolution":0.04,

                                                "data_type":"uint16",

                                                "output_type":"mean",

                                                "dimension":"Intensity",

"gdalopts":"COMPRESS=DEFLATE,ZLEVEL=9,NUM_THREADS=10000,TILED=YES",

"filename":"compressed/CR_03C_BS, Tile 0168.tif"

                                }

]

I have the following message:

proj_create_from_database: datum not found

proj_create_from_database: ellipsoid not found

proj_create_from_database: prime meridian not found

proj_create_from_database: datum not found

proj_create_from_database: ellipsoid not found

proj_create_from_database: prime meridian not found

PDAL: readers.las: reading point 50000 of 176406445 total points

and Pdal just stops half-way.

No tif file is generated.  May I know what is the issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Peter Lim