[pdal] recognize tree/vineyard row

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:09:20 PST 2021

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 at 21:01, Stephen Mather
<smathermather at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luca,

Hi Stephen

> You might find some useful utilities in FieldImageR (though these are orthophoto specific):
> https://www.opendronemap.org/fieldimager/

yes, I already saw it but there are some hand work and I would find a
automatic way

> Depending on ground sample resolution, I think you can get a density where you could do some analyses directly on the point cloud. But you are right that the challenge is getting your ground points correctly classified. Most of the algorithm development in this space has been focused on true 3D data from LiDAR. 2.5+D data from photogrammetry may require other approaches. One possible venue that I’ve had surprisingly good results from is geomorphons:
>
> https://smathermather.com/2020/12/06/%f0%9f%8c%bfgrass-is-everything%e2%9d%a4%ef%b8%8f%e2%80%8d%f0%9f%94%a5-or-using-grass-gis-to-build-elevation-models-in-cities/

I was following this solution (thanks to Doug Newcomb for the
suggestion), I'm able to find the pixel of the row (looking only for
summit, but I could consider also ridge), now the problem is to
convert the pixel in a vector line, I tried few methods but all of
them failed because the create a lot of short segments

> I’ll combine this with smrf or cloth simulation filter with quite suitable results over a variety of complex landscapes.

sorry I don't understand what did you combine and in which step.

> Cheers,
> Best,
> Steve

Thanks a lot